Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Matrix Reloaded - reloaded

I watched the Matrix Reloaded on TV tonight since it was the best thing on (not saying much).

I hated it the first time - in comparison to The Matrix (which I rate highly) it was all style over substance, it looked as if the budget had gone to the directors' heads and it could have done with a bit of editing. I've always thought that the Matrix could have done without the sequels much as Star Wars could have done without the prequels (or at least Episode 1 which sucked in so many ways).

Well, on second viewing, coming from a totally different direction (expecting the worst instead of the best) it proved to be an enjoyable watch (certainly better than a lot of pretenders) although the Agent Smith(s) got on my nerves a bit ("come on, let's get on with the real story please!").

The acting was good (great support cast and give Keanu a break!), the effects have held up very well, the story actually was good...and it had Monica Bellucci (even if under utilised) ;)

I must have seen something in the first viewing though - I gave it a 7 out of 10 and I'd still stick with that (or even through in a half star if that was possible).

No comments: