Thursday, June 30, 2005

Once in a "n" experience

I work in IT.

I work with, and own Apple Macintoshs. I do so because they are much easier to fix when they go wrong, they go wrong less, they're easier to use, they're great hardware and a great operating system as well.

In the old days (5 years ago), Macs used to crash more than Windows - but they rebooted quite happily where Windows PCs got terminal on a regular basis.

These days, the new Mac operating system - OS X (ten) - rarely if ever crashes. In fact, I barely ever turn off my laptop at all (I just close the lid, so it goes to sleep). It crashes about once every 3 months and the Mac doesn't get spyware, adware, or viruses (yet, at least!).

Therefore, when it does crash, it is damnably irritating (putting it politely). I was in a bad mood last. I was tired. No, I wasn't hungry and poor too!! But I had one of those once in 3 month crashes.

Damn it!

No comments: